lunedì 11 maggio 2009

Traffic violations and fines a few tips for visitors

I live in Italy and have from time to time got fines for parking, speeding etc. My 21 yr old son is actually an expert on getting hauled up.

It would be convenient to pay by credit card particularly from abroad but there are 2 problems.
1. This facility does not exist, cetainly in Lombardia where I live.
2. This point is important because each Italian region has it's own system.

Therefore the most suitable way is wire transfer using Swift and IBAN references. It is important as the contributors have done to check diary, photos to be sure it was you. And if possible verify the communcation is not a scam.

Consider that my wife received a demand for a fine for parking in a banned spot in Rome, when she was taking the kids to School near Milan. My eldest son was apparently involved in hit and run on his motorbike in Verona when he was at school (And we did check the register) in Monza!!

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have as an English resident in Italy for 14 years.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento